BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

First Entry

Hey everyone,

So, I thought that while I'm on this fantastic culinary journey of mine, that i mine as well chronicle it and share my ideas, recipes, food, and anything else that i come across in my journey. Feel free to comment on my posts and share ideas with me.

So the other night, i made a shrimp alfredo pasta with whole wheat penne pasta. I marinated the shrimp in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, carmelized onion, garlic, taragon, marjoram, and red pepper flakes. For my alfredo, i started with a standard bechamel sauce, thickened with a cornstarch slurry instead of a roux, and used parmesean, gruyere, and smoked gouda cheese.

Last friday i did prep work for the Big Red wine festival. We made a salmon wellington stuffed with basmati rice, wilted spinach, portabella muschrooms, and feta cheese. We also had shrimp stuffed with a seafood stuffing that consisted of celery, red pepper, yellow pepper, onion, diver scallops, sea scallops, haddock, mayo, and panko bread crumbs. The third dish was tourneed potatoes baked with rosemary until golden brown.

Well, that should do it for my first entry, I'll keep you up to date with my culinary adventures!!

-Matt

0 comments: